Phone: (951) 674-0921 / Fax (951) 674-9998
Numo Care is a natural organic combination of herbs formulated to promote normalization of lung and upper respiratory functions in pets.
What is Pneumonia?
Pneumonia is an inflammatory illness of the lungs. Many things can cause this condition such as:
- Fluid build up
- An infection
- Aspiration of liquid into the lungs
- An irritation such as smoke
- Secondary to another system failure, especially the heart
- Infections of the lungs can be caused by bacteria, viruses, parasitical or fungi.
- Neuromuscular disorders that cause difficulty swalling or paralysis of the espophagus can also lead to aspiration pneumonia. This condition is common in cats.
- Allergic pneumonia (the result of extreme infiltration of the lung by inflammatory cells in the absence of infection.)
The diagnosis of pneumonia hinges on the chest radiograph but knowing when to take chest radiographs can be tricky. The veterinarian must put together findings from the history, physical examination, and possibly response to initial therapies to decide if radiographs should be checked.
Coughing is hallmark symptom, though certainly not all coughing pets (or even most coughing pets) have pneumonia. Bacterial pneumonia does not just happen; it is virtually always caused by something else so some kind of diagnostics will likely be needed to determine what led to the bacterial pneumonia if it is not readily apparent.
If one suspects a lung disorder, a veterinarian should be contacted at once. The pneumonia patient may be in one of three states:
- Stable (in other words, eating well and active despite a nasty cough. These patients can often be treated at home.)
- Unstable (poor appetite, inactive, in need of hospitalization.)
- Critical (unable to get enough oxygen into their systems. These patients require oxygen therapy and possibly 24 hour care).
When the pet is stable then home treatment is available for several weeks. When the pet is eating well, he or she may be discharged from the veterinary hospital with oral antibiotics, a regimen of physical therapy, and a schedule for re-check radiographs (usually weekly). The hospitalized pet will have the following needs:
- Intravenous fluid therapy
- Antibiotic therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Oxygen Therapy
- HOME CARE
Once the pet has a good appetite, he or she may be discharged for home care. The following tips are recommended as long as the pet is coughing:
- Do not allow prolonged exposure to extreme cold or wet weather. Keep your pet primarily indoors.
- Consider use of a vaporizer for 15-20 minute intervals a couple of times daily. If you do not have a vaporizer, leave the pet in the bathroom with the shower on to create a misty vapor.
- Perform coupage at least 4 times daily and allow light exercise to promote the cough.
- Do not try to suppress the cough with over-the-counter cough suppressants. We want the infected material in the chest to be coughed up.
- Use the antibiotics as directed. Expect several weeks to be required.
Know when you should return for re-check radiographs.
Numo-CARE is a natural product that has been created to help pets fight the battle of pneumonia. Keep in mind the coughing can be difficult to listen to but it is productive. Try not to give any cough suppressant. Veterinarian health care may be necessary if pet continues to worsen.
Numo-CARE has been known to help treat pet asthma. Be sure to seek immediate veterinarian health care assistance if your pet continues to worsen or cannot breathe.
Numo-CARE's natural organic ingredients:
- Mullein ~ Anti-viral, astringent, promotes the discharge of mucus & soothes irritated mucous membranes
- Fenugreek ~ Fenugreek helps to reduce bloating and stomach ache. It can also help to increase the appetite. It generally helps to improve digestion.
- Cats Claw ~ Immunostimulant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimutagenic, hypotensive and vasodilating, anticancerous, antiulcerous, antileukemic, antiviral, contraceptive, analgesic, anticoagulant, antidysenteric, detoxifier, diuretic, and hypocholesterolemic. Cats Claw has been effectively used to treat cirrhosis, diabetes, diarrhea, dysentery, fevers, gastric ulcers, gonorrhea, hemorrhages, immune disorders, inflammations, and intestinal problems, Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia, asthma, menstrual irregularity, kidney conditions, rheumatism, shingles, skin disorders, stomach disorders, urinary tract ailments, tumors, and wounds.
- Thyme ~ Thyme can help to make coughs more productive and aid in respiratory treatment. It is also an antiseptic that helps to fight infection.
- Wild Cherry ~ Wild cherry is often used to thin mucous and relax the muscles of the chest, treat diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Elecampagne ~ An expectorant and can thin the mucus in the chest and respiratory system, fight infections, treat stomach upset and increase one's appetite. It can also be used to treat a case of intestinal worms.
- Gum Weed ~ Anti-spasmodic, expectorant, hypotensive. Gum Weed acts to relax smooth muscles and heart muscles. Useful in the treatment of asthmatic and bronchial conditions, especially where these are associated with a rapid heart beat and nervous response. It may be used in asthma, bronchitis, whooping cough and upper respiratory catarrh. Because of the relaxing effect on the heart and pulse rate, there may be a reduction in blood pressure.
- Pleurisy Root ~ Antispasmodic, diaphoretic, expectorant, tonic, carminative and mildly cathartic.
- Comfrey ~ Research shows Comfrey has Anti-inflammatory/cell-proliferant properties. It has been used to treat respiratory problems of pleurisy and bronchial inflammation.
- Yerba Santa ~ Expectorant/Tonic
- Balsam of Gilead ~ Stimulant, tonic, diuretic, and antiscorbutic. Also useful for complaints of the chest, stomach, and kidneys, rheumatism and scurvy.
- Rosemary ~ Stimulant / Tonic / Astringent / Anti-inflammatory / Carminative
- Alcohol ~ Intensifies while preserving the properties of Numo-CARE herbal tincture
- Filtered Water
**Suggested Use for larger animals such as horses, elephants, giraffes, etc.: Add an additional 5 drops of the Adizone for each additional 100 pounds of the animal's body weight to each dose. Please note: 100 drops = 1 tsp.; 50 drops = 1/2 tsp.; 25 drops = 1/4 tsp. A one (1) ounce bottle of Adizone contains approximately 1080 drops and a 4 ounce bottle contains approximately 4,320 drops
Suggested Use: Shake product well before use. Give orally 3 to 4 times daily as needed. Do not exceed the recommended dose!
Note: there are approximately 30 drops in a dropper full of solution.
Numo Care has a 4-year shelf life from date stamped on bottle.
Serving Size - See Chart Below
|Pet Weight||Numo Care||Servings Per 1 oz. Bottle||# of Pet's Treated|
|Under 3 lbs.||2 drops||540||6|
|3-10 lbs.||5 drops||216||2.4|
|11-20 lbs.||10 drops||108||1.2|
|21 - 80 lbs.||13 drops||77||1|
|81-150 lbs.||13 drops||72||.8|
|151-250 lbs.||20 drops||54||.6|
Chart is based on a 3 times daily for 30 days treatment plan.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Do not give to animals if pregnant or nursing. Avoid product if allergic to aspirin or diabetic. Do not give more than 14 days at a time. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Watch for allergic symptoms such as hives, trouble swallowing and swelling around the eyes. If one is experiencing any adverse symptoms or notes any adverse signs, then cease using this product & immediately contact your nearest emergency medical system. The use of Numo Care in the presence of endocrine pancreatic dysfunction (e.g. diabetes mellitus or acute infectious pancreatitis) and evidence of liver disease is a contraindication due to the presence of ethyl alcohol in this product. Alcohol may be removed by protocol (for every drop of Numo Care, add 1 drop of hot water and let cool).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
SUGGESTED USE WHEN TREATING MORE THAN ONE PET:
***When treating more than one pet with the same dropper, it is necessary to assure sterile administration without carry over from pet to pet. The best way to assure this is to use the dropper only to transfer product to an individual sterile oral syringe - using a different syringe for each pet. (This method will also reduce the chances of product contamination.) Those syringes should be sterilized after each use. Each pet should have its own syringe that is not shared with another pet.
The use of a syringe containing measured drops from the dropper will also remove the risk of the animal biting the glass dropper.***
Please temporarily disable your browser's pop-up blocker or you won't be able to order. The shopping cart uses a pop up window to display your purchase. IF you are ordering multiple small items, our shipping calculator may overcharge you for shipping. IF this occurs, we will refund the excess shipping charges when processing your order. If desired, you can call us (951) 674-0921 to inquire about the cost to ship multiple items.
***PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT SHIP THIS ITEM TO AUSTRALIA***
AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS: Due to Australia's customs regulations regarding pet products, we cannot ship these products to Australia. If you want/need the Kocci Free or Vibactra Plus product, you may purchase the Viparabac Plus. Viparabac Plus is the "people" version of this same product and labeled for human use. Kocci Free, which is labeled for pets, sometimes does not make it through Australian customs; we have not had any issues with the Viparabac Plus labeled for people passing customs
NUMO CARE - is an organic natural combination of herbs formulated to promote normalization of lung and upper respiratory functions. Numo Care is helpful for conditions such as bronchitis, pneumonia, and smoke inhalation.
***FOR FASTER DELIVERY OF YOUR PRODUCT***
US Orders Only
We now offer FedEx 2nd Day Air as a delivery option, arrives in 2 business days to most areas. Orders must be placed before 2:00pm PST. Mon-Fri
NUMO CARE 1 oz. - $27.97 - Fed Ex 2nd Day Air (2 business days)
NUMO CARE 4 oz. - $75.97 - Fed Ex 2nd Day Air (2 business days)
Please use our drop down menus below OR scroll down for a listing of natural products and natural health information.
|Walk In Sync||Pet Essentials|
|About Us||Home||Poly Manx Kittens|
|Employment||Nubian Goats||Return Policy|
|Family Photos||Order Info||Shipping Info|
|Holistic Products||Our Policies||Terms & Conditions|
PRODUCT, SERVICE & INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
The information on this web site is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician or vet. This information is not intended as a substitute for the reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility. Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your vet, pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a physician or veterinarian with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your, your child's, or your pet's health condition.
The Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 requires us to state: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is not EPA registered to be used as a pesticide in the state of California or Texas. We can ship to California, but we just need to inform you it does not have an EPA approved label. We cannot ship Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth to Texas.
Amber Technology's Herbal Nutraceuticals for Pets Products are not registered with the state of Texas; therefore, we cannot ship these products to Texas.
All Information and Photos © Copyright 2001 to Present, Wolf Creek Ranch and may not be used without express written permission from Wolf Creek Ranch.