Phone: (951) 674-0921 / Fax (951) 674-9998
FOR MITES, INSECTS, & MORGELLON'S DISEASE
|Facts, Info, & Feeding Rates||Worming||Human Use|
|Fleas & Ticks||Mites, Insects, Morgellons||Analysis|
|Retailers||Buy Diatomaceous Earth||Dusters|
Food grade diatomaceous earth is excellent to help eliminate mite infestations on humans, pets, plants, and in the home and yard. This web page has been created, 12/12/06, because we have had many many calls from people who themselves, their homes, and yards are infested with mites that are eating at them. Some people have suffered from these mite infestations for over 10 years without effective treatments from physicians and chemical treatments. If you are one of these people that has suffered from mite, other bug/parasite infestations, or Morgellon's Disease please read the following and gain back your sanity and healthful life.
First, in an effort to save time and repetition realize there is a bunch of essential food grade diatomaceous earth information on our other diatomaceous earth webpages above.
This web page will NOT duplicate the information found in the web pages above, so please read the information on those webpages for more information about the health benefits and many uses of food grade diatomaceous earth.
Food grade diatomaceous earth is a natural powder that works in a purely physical/mechanical manner, not chemical and thus has no chemical toxicity. Best yet, parasites don't build up a tolerance/immunity to its chemical reaction, so rotation of wormers or chemical insecticides is unnecessary AND food grade DE has NO odor.
If you are dealing with a mite or bug infestation in your home, it is essential to treat the affected people, pets, and household all at the same time. Lightly sprinkle DE in household carpet, along floor baseboards, in pet bedding, under furniture, beneath couch and chair cushions, in closets, etc. Leave for 2-3+ days, then vacuum. Reapply regularly for the first month for severe infestations, as the parasite eggs hatch 10 days to 3 weeks after being laid by the host, so it is essential to keep up regular treatment to completely eliminate the infestation. Please do not get heavy handed with the DE in your carpet, as I have heard from one lady advising it causes problems with their vacuum when applied excessively.
Bed mites or bugs can be smothered with DE, by putting a plastic cover over your mattress, after lightly covering the mattress with DE and then zipping up the plastic cover and leaving it closed up for a few weeks.
Wash ALL clothing, bedding, and linens in hot water, preferably leaving these items in the hot water for 30 minutes.
BUGS AFFECTED BY DIATOMACEOUS EARTH
Ants, fire ants, caterpillars, cut worms, army worms, fleas, ticks, cockroaches, snails, spiders, termites, scorpions, silver fish, lice, mites, flies, centipedes, earwigs, slugs, aphids, Japanese beetles (grub stage), fruit flies, corn earworm, cucumber beetles, corn borer, sting bugs, squash vine borers, thrips, loopers, etc., etc.
A study done by ACRES, USA, Inc. advised that after 12 months of grain storage, the food grade diatomaceous earth treated material had 15 insects, compared to 4884 for malathion and 16,994 for untreated grain.
WHY DO I HAVE MITES?
Many people advise that they are the only ones in their household affected by a mite infestation. Their spouse and/or children are not affected or bothered by the mites, yet the mites are literally eating them alive. Some people advise they get a little relief from the itching and biting when they go to a friend's home, though the mites don't disappear while they are visiting their friend and the mites are NOT bothering the friend(s). WHY don't the mites bother everyone in the household?
Mites are on all of us: people, pets, plants, etc. We don't usually see them and most of us are not affected by them as we have reasonably strong, healthy immune systems. When our immune system is low, this gives way for the mites to take over and attempt to ruin our lives and make us miserable. Just as fleas prey on less healthy animals and mountain lions prey on the weaker, young or less healthy animals, and mites or borers prey on the trees and plants that are not as strong as they should be; mites prey on those of us who are not strong enough to fight them off.
For this reason, it is always important to boost the immune system of the being when dealing with any dis-ease - cancers, diabetes, parasite infestations, etc. There are many ways to help boost the immune system such as:
- Consume species appropriate nutrition. For people, this means forget the junk food and eat real food, plenty of fruits and veggies daily. Consider natural mineral supplementation in the form of chlorella, spirulina, kelp, etc.
- Get plenty of good daily exercise.
- Eliminate internal worms and parasites by taking food grade diatomaceous earth every day. This will help your body maximize the absorption from the nutrition you are eating, if worms are not sucking your blood and robbing you of the nutrients in your daily food.
- 100% New Zealand Colostrum is one of the best natural products that can help strengthen the immune system.
- Terminator Zapper's have benefited many of our mite infested customers, along with using food grade diatomaceous earth.
Things you can try to make you taste yucky to mites or other parasites:
- Consume 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, 3x/day.
- Consume raw garlic daily.
- 100% Pure MSM is an organic sulfur dietary supplement and may be useful for itching and inflammation and repelling parasites. MSM will also help quell itching and pain.
Other natural ways to kill mites:
Try 1/2 cup of olive oil, mixed with 15 to 20 drops of each of the following essential oils:
Tea Tree (anti-parasitic, antimicrobial)
Lavender (soothing, healing, antiseptic)
Cloves (anti-parasitic, kills parasite eggs, antimicrobial)
Rub this mixture into a small area of your skin that is bothered by mites. Test it in a small area to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. If you are fine and you notice relief in that area, than apply a larger amount to a larger area of skin. This will smother the mites.
If you cannot make your own mixture, use our Certified Organic Mange & Parasite Oil.
Try the same mixture above without the olive oil and use 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar. This can also be used to rinse your hair after washing, though do not completely rinse your hair clean with water or the antiparasite effects will be lost.
Mayonnaise by itself or mixed with a few drops of the above essential oils is good for mites or lice in the hair. Leave it on for a good half hour, then rinse well.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET RID OF THE MITES?
Every situation is a bit different, so giving a definitive time frame can be difficult. IF you start treating everything, your home, environment, yard, clothing, etc. ALL at the same time and continue for 3 to 4 weeks and are diligent, your mite infestation should be completely eliminated within 3 to 4 weeks.
IF, however, you do not treat everything at the same time, the task of eliminating them will become a constant nightmare and chore, as eggs will continue to hatch and infest you, your home, yard, automobile, etc.
For some, it is relatively simple to just dust the DE all over the household, consume it, dust or paint themselves with it, and immediately they notice they aren't itching as much. We do not recommend letting up with your mite elimination program, until you have completed 3 to 4 weeks of treatment, simply because you don't want them to return in greater numbers and drive you to insanity (which you are likely feeling already). Additionally, this is why it is VERY beneficial to work at boosting your immune system as well, so that the normal, everyday mites that inhabit all of our homes and yards are not troublesome to you anymore.
WHAT ARE MITES?
Information about: mites, lice, scabies, bed mite, harvest mite, tropical rat mite, grain mite, mold mite, house mite, itch mites, bird mites, chiggers, clove mites, straw itch mites, dust mites, and other household pests can be found at these websites:
- Department of Etomology North Carolina Cooperative Extension ~ Mites that "Bug" People
- Pied Piper ~ Mites
- Mites ~ Human Skin Parasites
IF you have fiber like material coming out of your skin, sores, intense itching, your hair is falling out, etc., you may have Morgellon's Disease. The Morgellon's Disease Organization has some info. In doing a google search for "Morgellons Disease" a bunch of websites come up offering "cures". Some costing $200 others costing $1500. I do not know if any of these solutions work, as I get the calls from Morgellon's people who have not been helped with traditional medicine and they are continuing to search for a way to heal themselves and their families.
Many people affected by Morgellon's disease have been told by their physicians that they need to see a psychiatrist, as their problem is all in their head. Please note, these physicians have been known to stand 3 feet away from the affected patient, even when requesting the doctor look at the parasites that can be seen moving beneath the patient's skin. WHY are these physicians afraid to touch or come close to these people? Morgellons IS a REAL disease, it is NOT imagined. If you are haunted by Morgellon's disease, please visit the website above.
We presently have a number Morgellon's disease affected customers. They purchase 50# bags of food grade diatomaceous earth to consume orally, to apply in their households, and to paint their bodies with, as recommended by their doctors. By itself, the DE will not cure Morgellons, though it does help with the parasite infestation.
Please note, most of our Morgellons affected people advise their symptoms are worse around the full moon. This is indicative of a parasite/worm infestation, as worms are more active in the tissues of the body during the full moon. It is my belief that daily consumption of DE helps considerably. Start with small amounts of food grade DE to help prevent detox/herxheimer effects and build up to at least 2 heaping tablespoons daily.
Heat also makes these parasites more active and they can be seen crawling beneath the skin on affected people, as well as exit the body through the skin.
Due to the overload of these parasites in the body, they can create infection - viral, bacterial, fungal, likely due to the fact they emit toxins into the system and excrete waste into the body. A good, preferably natural antibiotic will help with these infections. Consider colloidal silver (make it yourself to save on money) or Viparabac Plus.
Due to the excessive stress this disease causes, sufficient intake of quality vitamins and minerals will help prevent hair loss. Supplements such as organic kelp, spirulina, etc. would help restore the mineral loss consumed by these worms/parasites. Of course, a really good natural diet will help as well, preferably one that contains at least 50% raw vegetables and fruits.
Further note, likely Morgellons is NOT just a worm/parasite infestation. Fibers come out of the skin in the face, neck, and everywhere else on the body on a DAILY basis. These fibers can be blue, red, black, and white, some like hair strands or wire, others fuzzy. Some advise this comes from cotton, others say Chem Trails.
One Morgellon's/Lyme disease survivor started a discussion list where people can share their knowledge, experience, and gain help. For more information, please go to Healing Hope.
OUR DE & MITE EXPERIENCE
EVERY Spring, we used to have one or two chickens that would get mites, while the other forty something were just fine. As always, I would procrastinate hunting the mite infested chickens down, until they had lost a good 1/3rd of their feathers. Then, I FINALLY chased down the nearly featherless chicken(s), turned them upside down and smothered them in DE. I turned them right side up, and thoroughly applied the DE to their top feathers, neck, head, etc. and THEN, I mucked the coops and cleaned out the nesting boxes. Then I applied DE thoroughly to the coop grounds and in the nesting boxes...they NEVER needed a second treatment and their feathers started to grow back immediately.
I wised up in 2001, and just keep DE in all the nesting boxes and on the coop floors (this helps eliminate flies, especially from the chickens, roosters, guineas, and peafowl that are roosting on limbs at night, as their manure just drops into the 1/4" thick DE on the ground). Baby chicks hatch and leap out of the nesting boxes into the layer of DE and stay healthy and well. This means, I haven't had to hunt down any chickens or fowl to dust them with DE since 2000. =) Life is grand when you have DE at hand and the animals stay healthier.
More Natural Flea, Tick, Mite, Fly, and Other Insect Preventatives and treatments:
- Flea Free Food Supplement
- Flea & Tick Control Kits - Kits contain Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, Flea Free Food Supplement and Nature's Way Insect Spray, kits are available in small, medium and large size; you may also add the 8 oz. Pet Scents Herbal Shampoo and/or a 16 oz. Garl-Or3 Yard & Garden Spray with no additional shipping cost to the kits.
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for Fleas
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for Flies
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for Mites & Morgellons
- Fly Free Food Supplement
- Garl-or3 Yard & Garden Spray spray in your yard, gardens, kennels, barns, etc. and watch the fleas, flies, mosquitoes, aphids, and other insects disappear!
- Herbal Fly Spray with Aloe
- Natural Heartworm Preventative
- Mange-Parasite Oil
- Nature's Way Insect Spray for People & Pets
- Pet Scents Herbal Pet Shampoo
- 10 Million Scanmask Spray Beneficial Nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) Garden Pack OR 25 Million Live Beneficial Nematodes Sc - Flea and Fly Exterminator can be sprayed into your lawn, garden, and moist soil areas. Beneficial nematodes parasitize soil dwelling larvae, such as fleas, flies, grubs, etc. whereas all other flea/tick/fly control methods only control adult insects, they do not affect larvae/eggs. Beneficial nematodes are essential for complete elimination of many pesky insects as they stop the hatching egg cycle.
- DE manufacturers who work in diatomaceous earth mines 5 days/week advise inhaling it is not a problem (tho of course, don't be snuffing it) and we have not had problems when inhaling DE in small amounts. IF you have asthma or some other lung ailment, either wear a mask or be very careful when using food grade diatomaceous earth.
- Do NOT get diatomaceous earth in the eyes. DE is drying to the eyes, so do NOT put it out when you or your pets are down wind of it. DE is drying to your skin, hands, and feet, just as it can be to your pets.
- Do NOT use heavily in carpet. Some advise too much DE causes vacuum problems.
- NEVER use pool filter grade DE around animals. It can poison or kill them.
- Some people experience a healing crisis (detox reaction) when beginning DE consumption. If this occurs, reduce the dose, till your body is cleansed, and then increase to the RDA.
- Remember, DE will kill beneficial insects as well, so use accordingly.
FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH BENEFITS SUMMARY
- Natural wormer - eliminates many parasites without chemicals
- Safe, non-toxic, parasites don’t build immunity as they do with traditional wormers
- 15 trace minerals -- great for animals, humans, plants, and soil
- No feed withdrawal for milk or feed animals
- Decreased mastitis
- Reduced scours
- Decreased mortality
- Better feed conversion
- Helps detox heavy metals, ecoli, bacteria, viruses, etc.
- Promotes shinier coats
- Digestive aid
- Colon cleanser
- Better production
- Better overall health
- Eliminates pests in stored grains
- Reduces flies, fleas, ticks, etc.
- Reduces manure odor
- Drying agent
- Reduces moisture and pests in barns, coops, kennel, litterboxes, compost piles, and other moist areas
- Antifungal properties – good for garden fungal growth
- Reduces overall animal stress
- Cost effective
- DE health benefits mean reduction in vet bills and dis-ease
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. The information on this web site is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician or veterinarian. This information is not intended as a substitute for the reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility. Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.
Please use our drop down menus below OR scroll down for a listing of natural products and natural health information.
|Clik Stik||Pet Essentials|
|About Us||Home||Poly Manx Kittens|
|Employment||Nubian Goats||Return Policy|
|Family Photos||Order Info||Shipping Info|
|Holistic Products||Our Policies||Terms & Conditions|
PRODUCT, SERVICE & INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
The information on this web site is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician or vet. This information is not intended as a substitute for the reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility. Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your vet, pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a physician or veterinarian with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your, your child's, or your pet's health condition.
The Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 requires us to state: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is not EPA registered to be used as a pesticide in the state of California or Texas. We can ship to California, but we just need to inform you it does not have an EPA approved label. We cannot ship Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth to Texas.
Amber Technology's Herbal Nutraceuticals for Pets Products are not registered with the state of Texas; therefore, we cannot ship these products to Texas.
All Information and Photos © Copyright 2001 to Present, Wolf Creek Ranch and may not be used without express written permission from Wolf Creek Ranch.