Home of Whispering Winds Wholistic Animal Sanctuary
Phone: (951) 674-0921 / Fax (951) 674-9998
FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH
HEALTH BENEFITS FOR HUMANS
- DE Overview
- Human Use
- Facts, Info & Feeding Rates
- DE & Worming
- Mites & Morgellons
- Buy Food Grade DE
- DE Retailers
- DE Dusters
- DE Analysis
- DE Testimonials
Food grade diatomaceous earth has excellent health benefits for humans. Taken daily, it helps eliminate all intestinal worms such as roundworms, pin worms, etc., and parasites from the body and keeps the bowels clean. Food grade DE is also known to sweep some bacteria out of the system, but DE does NOT kill the beneficial bacteria in the gut. Most people who consume food grade DE take it on a daily basis, ourselves, employees, and children included. DE contains 15 naturally occurring minerals that are excellent for the body. These minerals promote healthier, shinier hair, skin and nails.
NOTE: ALL references to diatomaceous earth on this page refer ONLY to FOOD GRADE diatomaceous earth, unless otherwise advised. NEVER use pool filter grade or diatomaceous earth internally or in your home or on your animals, unless it is FOOD GRADE!
First, in an effort to save time and repetition realize there is a bunch of essential food grade diatomaceous earth information on our other web pages in the link box above. This web page will NOT duplicate the information found in the web pages above, so please read the information on those web pages for more information about the health and natural insecticidal benefits and the many uses of food grade diatomaceous earth.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is 85% Amorphous Silica!
Food grade diatomaceous earth is a natural powder that works in a purely physical/mechanical manner, not "chemical" and thus has no chemical toxicity. Best yet, parasites don't build up a tolerance/immunity to its chemical reaction, so rotation of wormers is unnecessary. Food grade DE has NO odor.
In 1939, the Nobel Prize winner for chemistry, Professor Adolf Butenandt, proved that life cannot exist without Silica. In the 2003 book "Water & Salt" Dr. Barbara Hendel stated: "Silica is the most important trace mineral for human health!"
Silica is the most plentiful element on earth, following oxygen; but there are very few foods that contain an adequate amount to supply the quantity your body needs. Silica is crucial to bones, tendons, skin, cartilage and blood vessels. Silica is even located in the blood itself and important organs such as the liver, heart, and lungs. The average human body holds approximately 7 grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the figures for other important minerals such as iron.
It is as important to provide the body dietary sources of Silica early in life as it is during the aging process when Silica levels in tissue usually drop off steeply. Silica plays an important role in many body functions. Silica has an exact absolute influence on absorption of all minerals that the body requires to maintain health. It adds to the quality of life!
Silica does not accumulate in the body; it is water soluble, is easily absorbed by the intestinal wall and rapidly excreted, so daily consumption is important. Studies have not found any negative side effects from too much Silica.
Food Grade Diatomaceous earth is a 100% natural and organic source of silica, it is safe for the environment, pets, livestock, and people. It is taken from fresh water deposits and is the purest form available. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is not actually an "earth" but it is the fossilized remains of microscopic shells created by one celled plants called DIATOMS.
When taken internally, many health benefits have been observed. The biggest benefits seen have been lower cholesterol, lowering of blood pressure, relief from arthritis pain, increased energy, more regular bowel movements, smoother complexion, and sinus and cough relief. It is estimated that there are more than 1,500 ways DE is beneficial to humans, plants, and animals.
As a daily supplement, many believe that its most beneficial use is for internal cleansing by aiding in the elimination of intestinal parasites, which are not able to develop an immunity to the sharp edges of DE.
DE can also detox the body. According to a top cancer researcher, it is also the best natural chelating product available for pulling heavy metals from the bloodstream. Many believe that the increase in the number of cases of Heavy metal poisoning has occurred in part due to mercury in vaccines, fluoridated water, deodorants with aluminum, some seafood, foil wrap, cooking in aluminum cookware, soda/energy/beer aluminum cans, and a number of other ways.
DE has many health benefits. Years ago the silica in our food was adequate, but with today's hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food. Diatomaceous Earth is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs. Food grade diatomaceous earth - aka Food Chemical Codex Grade contains 85% amorphous silica.
The micro-fossil deposits, also known as Amorphous Silica, are mined from ancient dried lake bottoms thousands of years old. When magnified 7000x, diatomaceous earth looks like spiny honeycombs. Food Grade DE is completely safe and non toxic. Milling produces different sized, shaped, and colored particles. Diatomaceous earth is used in paints, cosmetics, drugs, etc. Filtering and filler are two main uses and it is important not to use the filtering type for agricultural purposes....USE ONLY FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH.
How does food grade diatomaceous earth work?
When DE is taken into the body it does its work in 3 different ways:
- DE looks like a cylinder/honeycomb full of holes. This cylinder/honeycomb has a very strong negative charge. As the millions of cylinders move through the stomach and digestive tract, they attract and absorb bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide, and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These pathogens are trapped inside the cylinder and passed out of the body. Additionally, any larger parasites that happen to be in the stomach or digestive tract are "cut up" and killed by the sharp edges of the DE. All of these activities result in a much healthier body with less sickness. Our clients tell us they feel better, their hair has never been so soft, since taking DE daily, their naturopathic physician muscle tested them for DE and their body has a very strong need for it, they feel better, We often hear the phrase "I just feel better" with our Diatomaceous Earth users. This better feeling comes from all the "junk" being removed from the body and boosting our immune systems.
- DE is very hard. On the hardness scale diamonds are a 9, DE is a 7. This is very important, because as those millions of tiny hard and sharp D E cylinders pass through the small and large intestines, they "scrub" the walls (Note they do not harm the intestinal wall). After only a few months of taking Diatomaceous Earth, the intestine wall is no longer coated with mucus, gunk, and molds! Thus, DE helps promote regular bowel movements and a healthier colon. A clean healthy colon prevents polyps, cancers, ulcers, and continued toxification of the body that a dirty colon produces. This day in age, many people are doing colonix and detox programs, hydro colonic therapy, etc. and DE helps promote this same type of cleansing. People report increased energy, better sleep, and/or needing less sleep. This is a result of the food and nutrients that are taken into the body being better absorbed into the blood stream. A coated, toxic colon does not allow many nutrients from our food to be properly absorbed. A toxic colon and intestinal tract can also result in overweight and obesity, as people lack the proper nutrients their body needs to promote optimum health, so they, and their pets, continue to eat more food in an attempt to obtain the nutrients their bodies are lacking from being toxic.
- A small amount of food grade diatomaceous earth is absorbed into the blood stream. As it moves throughout the body they clean and breakup plaque in the blood vessels and also destroy bad fats. Many have lowered their cholesterol by 40-50 points; many notice that their high blood pressure goes down. As the DE eventually dissolves in the blood, the many health benefits of the silica content are realized.
FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Natural wormer eliminates many parasites without chemicals
- Safe, non-toxic, parasites don't build immunity as they do with traditional wormers
- 15 trace minerals
- No feed withdrawal for milk or feed animals
- Decreased mastitis
- Reduced scours
- Decreased mortality
- Better feed conversion
- Helps detox heavy metals, E.coli, bacteria, viruses, etc.
- Promotes shinier coats
- Digestive aid
- Colon cleanser
- Better production
- Better overall health
- Reduces manure odor
- Drying agent
- Reduces moisture in barns, coops, kennel, litter boxes, compost piles, and other moist areas
- Reduces overall animal stress
- Cost effective
- DE health benefits mean reduction in vet bills and disease-ease
How do humans take food grade diatomaceous earth?
People are always asking me, how to take diatomaceous earth. There is NO one perfect way to take DE. I KNOW you are already disappointed with this fact, as you were hoping there was ONLY ONE "Perfect" way to take it. (Sorry 'bout that) Everyone's' preferences are different. Some people take 1 heaping tsp. in a glass of water prior to each meal, 3x/day and swear by DE's wonderful health benefits keeping acne away, clean clear skin, better sleep, more energy, stronger hair and nails. Others take a heaping tablespoon just before bedtime, figuring it's best to take it away from food because of its detox benefits. Others take it in the morning in their juice. Still others put it in their protein drink, smoothies, morning coffee, etc. Whether you take DE once/day or 3x/day, everyone reports effectiveness and better health.
"I" take 2 tbsps. of DE daily with a very small amount of water, just enough to make it fluid (like water). I'm not interested in tasting the DE in a full 8 ounce glass of water. I stir it up well and immediately consume before the DE has a chance to settle at the bottom of the glass. I don't care for the taste of DE in my orange juice, but others like DE in their juice, coffee, protein drink, smoothies, etc.
DE doesn't taste bad, nor nearly as horrible as many herbs taste. It tastes like dirt to me (now you're wondering if I run around eating dirt...). Okay, so I do, especially that wonderful rich smelling soil! :o)
Numerous people advise that their Iridologist or Natural Care Physicians muscle test them with DE and find that their bodies test VERY strong for it which means they need the DE. Then of course, they ask them what it is and then these natural care professionals contact me for more information about food grade diatomaceous earth.
Many women advise their hair has never been so soft as it is now since taking DE. Others advise of cleaner clear complexions, when previously they had acne trouble. Still others notice an increase in energy levels and others advise it keeps their bowels clean and helps them sleep better.
Many of our diatomaceous earth customers, including myself, had fed diatomaceous earth to their animal companions daily for years. And then one day, we all figured, gee, we're giving this to our furry and feathered family members to help keep them healthy and parasite/worm free, maybe we should take it ourselves and reap the same benefits...not sure why it took so long for the "light bulb" to go on, but at least it finally did.
Some people do notice funny, strange, or gross things in their bowel movements. Some choose to look and others don't want to know. Obviously, this is a personal choice for each of us to make, but the bottom line is it is effective in increasing our health status, as removal of internal parasites and worms will allow us to more properly absorb the nutrients from our food, as the worms/parasites will not be eating our food or sucking our blood.
Is food grade diatomaceous earth safe to take during pregnancy? DE is excellent for those who are pregnant and not pregnant alike. During pregnancy, it is best to start with a small dose - 1/2 tsp. daily for the first few days or weeks if needed, making sure to drink plenty of clean fresh pure water (not city tap water) to help sweep toxins out of the body and slowly increase the dose as the pregnant mom-to-be feels fit to do so. This helps prevent a heavy detox by starting out with a heaping tbsp. daily.
Since food grade DE eliminates all intestinal worms and parasites when fed in adequate daily doses, this means the body will better absorb the nutrients from the food the person is consuming as these worms and parasites aren't consuming the nutritional value of the food and sucking the blood, which in turn provides higher quality nutrients to the unborn fetus, making it stronger and healthier as well. Note, DE will not be effective as a natural wormer for the unborn fetus, but can be given in small amounts in bottle feedings once the baby is born to eliminate pin worms, etc.
Note: Although, DE is considered safe for use during pregnancy or nursing, just as with any other detox, consideration must be made regarding the possible detox effects upon yourself or your baby. While everyone reacts differently while detoxing, it is commonly advised against using any detox regime during pregnancy or nursing. Unless you have already been using DE for a few months prior to becoming pregnant you may want to wait.
- DE manufacturers who work in diatomaceous earth mines 5 days/week advise inhaling it is not a problem (though of course, don't be snuffing it) and we have not had problems when inhaling DE in small amounts. IF you have asthma or some other lung ailment, either wear a mask or be very careful when using food grade diatomaceous earth.
- Do NOT get diatomaceous earth in the eyes. DE is drying to your skin, hands, and feet.
- NEVER use pool filter grade DE around animals. It can poison or kill them.
- Some people experience a healing crisis (detox reaction) when beginning DE consumption. If this occurs, reduce the dose, till your body is cleansed, and then increase to the RDA.
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Web site or in emails is designed for educational purposes only. The information on this web site is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician or veterinarian. This information is not intended as a substitute for the reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility. Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.
Please use our drop down menus below OR scroll down for a listing of natural products and natural health information.
|Clik Stik||Pet Essentials||Pet Medicine Bags|
|About Us||Home||Poly Manx Kittens|
|Employment||Nubian Goats||Return Policy|
|Family Photos||Order Info||Shipping Info|
|Holistic Products||Our Policies||Terms & Conditions|
PRODUCT, SERVICE & INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
The information on this web site is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician or vet. This information is not intended as a substitute for the reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility. Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your vet, pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a physician or veterinarian with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your, your child's, or your pet's health condition.
The Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 requires us to state: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is not EPA registered to be used as a pesticide. We cannot ship Food Grade DE to Texas. Any shipments made to California are made with the understanding that it will not be used as a pesticide.
Amber Technology's Herbal Nutraceuticals for Pets Products are not registered with the state of Texas; therefore, we cannot ship these products to Texas.
Visit our new mobile friendly site Wolf Creek Ranch Organics
All Information and Photos © Copyright 2001 to Present, and may not be used without express written permission from Wolf Creek Ranch.
All Rights Reserved