Phone: (951) 674-0921 / Fax (951) 674-9998
FOR FLY CONTROL
|Facts, Info, & Feeding Rates||Worming||Human Use|
|Fleas & Ticks||Mites, Insects, Morgellons||Analysis|
|Retailers||Buy Diatomaceous Earth||Dusters|
|Fly Control||Testimonials||Fly Free Food Supplement|
Food grade diatomaceous earth is an excellent natural way to help control and eliminate flies. Many of us use it largely for fly control purposes. To use diatomaceous earth to lower and eliminate fly infestations, you need to do the following:
1. Feed food grade diatomaceous earth daily to ALL of your animals - livestock - goats, chickens, guineas, cows, sheep, pigs, hogs, alpacas, llamas, horses and pets - dogs, cats, kittens, puppies, ferrets, parrots, canaries, etc. Since diatomaceous earth is a drying agent, it lowers manure odor which consequently makes your property less hospitable to flies and other pesky insects.
2. Apply food grade diatomaceous earth on compost and manure piles regularly. Again, food grade diatomaceous earth lowers odor, dries out the manure making it less fly friendly, dehydrates flies that come in contact with it and doesn't make good breeding grounds for flies to lay larvae.
3. Keep diatomaceous earth on the floors of barns, stalls, chicken and fowl coops, as well as nesting boxes.
4. Many people put DE in ginny sack bags for horses and livestock to rub up against, coating themselves in it so that flies that land on them will soon be dehydrated. This also works excellent at preventing or eliminating mites, lice, etc.
5. Keep food grade diatomaceous earth on fresh manure, wet spots, etc. daily.
6. Apply on moist soil areas around dog kennels.
7. If you see breeding flies on manure or other areas, quickly apply DE to the affected area, so they are at least lightly covered, if not heavily covered. This will swiftly dehydrate the tiny flies nearly instantly and the flies that fly away covered in DE will dehydrate within 24 to 72 hours.
8. Be careful NOT to apply DE to flowers and areas where beneficial insects (bees, lady bugs, praying mantis, etc.) frequent. These wonderful beneficial insects are becoming extinct already, due to traditional toxic pesticides.
9. It is best to start DE applications early in the fly season to increase the chances of having zero fly loads around your home and animals. Though, the application of food grade diatomaceous earth at any time during the fly/insect season will still produce noticeable results and is definitely better than never applying it at all.
Food grade diatomaceous earth is a natural powder that works in a purely physical/mechanical manner, not chemical and thus has no chemical toxicity. Best yet, parasites don't build up a tolerance/immunity to its chemical reaction, so rotation of wormers or chemical insecticides is unnecessary AND food grade DE has NO odor.
For added fly control protection for horses, livestock, and pets, use Fly Free Food Supplement daily in conjunction with food grade diatomaceous earth.
Feeding DE internally AND treating external areas - barns, bird coops, manure piles, etc. at the same time will lower the fly population quickly.
- DE manufacturers who work in diatomaceous earth mines 5 days/week advise inhaling it is not a problem (tho of course, don't be snuffing it) and we have not had problems when inhaling DE in small amounts. IF you have asthma or some other lung ailment, either wear a mask or be very careful when using food grade diatomaceous earth.
- Do NOT get diatomaceous earth in the eyes. DE is drying to the eyes, so do NOT put it out when you or your pets are down wind of it. DE is drying to your skin, hands, and feet, just as it can be to your pets.
- Do NOT use heavily in carpet. Some advise too much DE causes vacuum problems.
- NEVER use pool filter grade DE around animals. It can poison or kill them.
- If you are overly sensitive and using DE inside your home, we recommend starting by applying just a small amount of DE to a small area/room of your home and/or your body to test your sensitivity to it, before using it more heavily. Increase usage as you see and feel you are not having any adverse reactions.
- Some people experience a healing crisis (detox reaction) when beginning DE consumption. If this occurs, reduce the dose, till your body is cleansed, and then increase to the RDA.
- Remember, DE will kill beneficial insects as well, so use accordingly.
FOOD GRADE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Natural wormer - eliminates many parasites without chemicals
- Safe, non-toxic, parasites don’t build immunity as they do with traditional wormers
- 15 trace minerals – great for animals, humans, plants, and soil
- No feed withdrawal for milk or feed animals
- Decreased mastitis
- Reduced scours
- Decreased mortality
- Better feed conversion
- Helps detox heavy metals, ecoli, bacteria, viruses, etc.
- Promotes shinier coats
- Digestive aid
- Colon cleanser
- Better production
- Better overall health
- Eliminates pests in stored grains
- Reduces flies, fleas, ticks, etc.
- Reduces manure odor
- Drying agent
- Reduces moisture and pests in barns, coops, kennel, litterboxes, compost piles, and other moist areas
- Antifungal properties – good for garden fungal growth
- Reduces overall animal stress
- Cost effective
- DE health benefits mean reduction in vet bills and dis-ease
Please use our drop down menus below OR scroll down for a listing of natural products and natural health information.
|Walk In Sync||Pet Essentials|
|About Us||Home||Poly Manx Kittens|
|Employment||Nubian Goats||Return Policy|
|Family Photos||Order Info||Shipping Info|
|Holistic Products||Our Policies||Terms & Conditions|
PRODUCT, SERVICE & INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
The information on this web site is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a physician or vet. This information is not intended as a substitute for the reader's independent judgment and personal responsibility. Health issues are far too important to delegate to anyone else. It is highly recommended you research and seek information and counsel from as wide a variety of sources as possible, so you can make well informed educated decisions about you, your child's, or your pet's health, as in the end YOU make the decisions.
The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your vet, pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a physician or veterinarian with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your, your child's, or your pet's health condition.
The Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 requires us to state: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is not EPA registered to be used as a pesticide in the state of California or Texas. We can ship to California, but we just need to inform you it does not have an EPA approved label. We cannot ship Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth to Texas.
Amber Technology's Herbal Nutraceuticals for Pets Products are not registered with the state of Texas; therefore, we cannot ship these products to Texas.
All Information and Photos © Copyright 2001 to Present, Wolf Creek Ranch and may not be used without express written permission from Wolf Creek Ranch.